Thursday, March 17, 2016

Get Involved--More Opportunities

A couple of upcoming events that I'd highly recommend and that I'd give you an extra credit point or two for attending:

1.  On Thursday, March 17, from 6-8 p.m.,  LaDonna Brave Bull Allard will be sharing some of her stories in the Rotunda (Round Room) of the Williams Library.  If you are interested in Native American tradition, you should enjoy LaDonna's stories.  Here's a link to here website.

2.  On Sunday, March 20, at 4:00 p.m., Derek VandrTop (woodwinds)  and Katie Wegleitner (vocalist) will be giving a joint senior recital in Krikac auditorium.  Derek is a fantastic jazz musician, and Katie has a wonderful voice. For music lovers, this is a recital not to be missed.

3.  NSU jazz concert.  This was also on Thursday, March 17.  My music students didn't remind me about this one, but, if you were there, you can add your comments to the post here.

4.  You can add here also comments on other events announced on the chalkboard in MJ 101.

 

3 comments:

  1. I attended Northern's Got Talent. There were several excellent acts, I particularly enjoyed Kayla's singing. I also thought that Ramy's beat-boxing was very entertaining. I like that Northern puts this event on to showcase all the wonderful talent that is at northern, I just wish that more people would participate or attend the event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ozoemena OguejioforMay 4, 2016 at 9:49 AM

    I also attended Northern's Got Talent. There were a lot of acts. I particularly liked Ramy's beat-boxing, it was very entertaining. I like that Northern puts this event, I would I to participate in this event next year to showcase my wonderful talent. I never that northern had this much talent. I hope more people will participate in this event next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Derek and Katie senior recital: This recital was really great. I really appreciated how much work they pu into this and am really excited to see where they are going to be in the next 5 years. My favorite performer was Derek VanDenTop. He is going to go places and make a name for himself. As he should. Katie is going to be a great singer no matter what she does.

    Jazz Concert: I would have to say this wasn't the best concert they ever had. But none the less it was way better than other schools. They put a lot of time into their performance i know this because i watched them every single day.

    The symphonic band concert: That concert, wasn't the best either. I remember playing this music when i was a freshman. Its funny how big changes the groups has gotten from my freshman year to now. There is a huge difference but it is a great difference.

    Eli, Nate, Ami Senior REcital: OMG!!!! What a great performance. I am not a fan of singers and piano players but this one was exciting. I loved the very end too. The parts of the Les Miserables was spot on. But it was funny too.

    ReplyDelete